Many thanks for booking a cookery class at Chequers Kitchen, we look forward to cooking with you. Here are our safety measures and new booking terms in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are keeping these measures under review and will revise if necessary to maximise the safety of our customers and our staff team:
Hygiene safety measures
· We have enhanced our cleaning procedures including sanitising of door handles, touch points and provision of hand-sanitiser.
· We request all participants to wash their hands on arrival, following the recommended 20 second hand-washing regime, or to use hand-sanitiser (but hand-washing preferred please).
· We will remove instances where participants need to touch and pass round items. For example, we will exchange shared ingredient containers for individual containers (e.g. we won’t pass the salt round the group but will issue individual salt containers.)
· We ask all participants to bring and we may ask you to wear a face mask or shield during the class. If so, our tutor and staff will also wear face masks or face shields.
· We are limiting the maximum number of participants to 5 per adult class; 8 per children’s class and 4 families in family classes. This means we can maintain 2m distancing face-to-face and 1m distancing side-by-side in adult classes. Families will be able to maintain similar distances between families. We will keep windows and doors open for ventilation.
Cancellations by customers
· We ask customers not to attend if they have potential Covid-19 symptoms including raised temperature, sore throat, loss of sense of smell. If you cancel because of symptoms, we will issue a voucher to re-book at a later date. We do not offer refunds in these circumstances.
· Cancellations by customers for other reasons will be treated as follows:
· More than 21 days’ notice, full refund or voucher valid for 12 months, according to customer’s preference
· 21 to 15 days’ notice, voucher issued, valid for 12 months.
· 14 to 8 days’ notice, voucher issued, valid for 12 months, less £10 admin fee
· Less than 8 days’ notice, no voucher or refund offered. (In all the above instances where a refund is not offered, if we have a waiting list and are able to fill your place we will offer you a refund.)
Cancellation by Chequers Kitchen
· In order to make classes viable, we reserve the right to cancel classes with fewer than four bookings. If classes are to be cancelled we will give 7 days’ notice and offer full refunds, or vouchers to rebook if preferred.
· If we have to cancel a class, we accept no liability for any related expenses incurred by customers with bookings.
· We also reserve the right to cancel bookings with 1 days’ notice in the event of sudden illness of key Chequers Kitchen staff. In this instance a full refund or voucher will be offered, depending on customer’s preference.
Please contact us right away if you have any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions. We aim to work in such a way that protects and encourages participants to feel comfortable and safe; as well as protecting our own team and ensuring the viability of our social enterprise.
Chequers Kitchen Cookery School team