We are delighted to welcome pastry chef and cookery teacher Kate Mooney of Eat and Mess Cookery School in London to teach this masterclass.
The masterclass is suitable for beginners as well as experienced home bakers.
You will learn to make three different cupcakes and frosting recipes as well as decorative techniques:
- Rocky road chocolate cupcakes with piped chocolate buttercream icing,
- Zingy lemon sponge cupcakes with hidden centres and piped cream cheese frosting
- Red velvet cupcakes covered in cream cheese frosting.
You will leave with 15 cupcakes individually decorated, along with recipes..
Skills learnt include:
- making sponge cakes in domestic ovens and troubleshooting advice for the home baker
- making and decorating buttercream and cream cheese frosting
- general baking theory, including flavouring and dividing batters
- piping bag and palette knife decorating techniques
NB: Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the class starts; bring your own containers to take home 15 cupcakes; and please wear comfortable shoes!