Make the most of the summer with this Beginner’s Guide to the Barbecue!
With a mixture of hands-on preparation and demonstrations by our expert barbecue chef, you will come away with practical knowledge about cooking on a barbecue as well as plenty of delicious samples. And you will learn from a South African, so you know you are in good hands!
Along with plentiful tips and hints about all aspects of cooking over fire, and answers to your questions, you will:
- Make a marinade for rump steak to make it succulent and delicious
- Make a homemade burger suitable for cooking on a barbecue
- Prepare a grilled sandwich (known as braaibrood in South Africa)
- Have a demonstration of making the fire, with all your questions answered
- Make fabulous salads and dressings that go with all sorts of barbecued meat or fish (with a knife skills lesson to make it easy)
- Have a demonstration of cooking steak, burgers and grilled sandwiches on the bbq, which you can then enjoy eating
- Ask all the questions you like; get tips and hints from our Chef/tutor, along with a helpful handout to take home
**Before booking, please see our policy and procedures for Covid-19 safety measures and cancellation terms and conditions HERE.**
Please arrive by 09:50am and bring airtight containers if you prefer to take home your dishes rather than eat them here. Wear comfortable shoes!