A busy and fun morning of making, baking and endless tips from chef Pieter van Zyl, all packed with delicious summery picnic flavours. Today’s menu:
- Smoked salmon soufflé tart – master the skills of blind baking, béchamel sauce-making and folding of whipped egg whites with out loosing the air… and flavouring your tart with fresh herbs from our herb garden
- Tabbouleh salad – bulgar wheat, cucumber, mint, parsley & tomatoes to mention a few of the ingredients…
- Smoky Spanish tomato & garlic dip
- Pesto focaccia sandwich loaf – make bread from scratch but fill it before baking so your sandwiches are already made up for your picnic at the baking stage
- Little strawberry cheesecakes – we bake individual cheesecakes to prevent any fighting over who gets the biggest slice!
- Demonstration of minty bean & courgette dip & American burnt onion dip – with samples for you to take home
Please arrive by 9.50am, bring airtight containers to take home your dishes, and wear comfortable shoes.