How would you like to make and decorate a beautiful sponge cake like this for your Mum for Mothers’ Day? At the end of this workshop you will leave with a stunning cake, plus two ‘bonus’ cupcakes, in a presentation cake box, all ready to impress and delight!
This workshop is for adults and children to work together. One adult and one child per booking – maybe bring Dad, or a grandparent, or even an older brother or sister to work with?
Included in the workshop:
- Make a double layered 6″ sponge cake with buttercream filling and decoration
- Learn techniques to decorate your cake
- Create buttercream roses, leaves and hydrangea flowers for the top of your cake
- Create a woven basket effect for the sides of your cake
- Decorate two cupcakes to accompany your cake
- Learn from an expert
- Tea, coffee and water/squash included
- Cake stand and cake box included – option to decorate your cake box
Our expert tutor today is Jan, from artisan cake maker boCakes, and she will teach you the range of techniques needed to create this beautiful Mothers’ Day sponge cake.
This is a family/adult and child workshop. We recommend one adult (or young person aged 15+) with one child per booking. Each pair will make and decorate one cake and two cupcakes.
We start at 2:30 pm prompt. All ingredients are included, as well as a cake box and cake board.