This cookery course is for anyone who wants to learn essential cooking skills so that you can eat well yourself, and entertain friends and family with simple, delicious, well cooked and well presented dishes.
We make no assumptions about what you already know! Our Chef-Tutor Pieter van Zyl starts at the beginning with essential skills and techniques. You will learn:
- Knife skills – making your work in the kitchen so much easier and more enjoyable
- A range of cooking techniques including baking, roasting, frying, poaching
- How to make soups and sauces
- A range of recipes using fresh, wholesome, seasonal ingredients
- How to use spices and season dishes to your own taste
Our goal is to enable you to become a competent cook, able to work with wholesome fresh ingredients to create delicious and healthy meals. If we succeed, you will never look a ready meal in the eye again!
This is a six session course on Tuesday evenings. Please arrive by 6.55pm and bring a container to take home the food you make each week. All ingredients are provided.